Thursday, October 22, 2009

Supply Problem in Healthcare, is it a problem or a symptom? (preview)

I got a long and passionate speach over the last couple of days from a guy who believed that the real problem was a supply of doctors problem that was pushing up costs.  This was a guy I respect very much so I knew there must be something to it but I did not have the evidence.  What I did have was the evidence, shown in previous blogs, that two of the medical specialties that are fully free market based are low cost and don't have a supply problem.  So I am researching the supply problem now, I do not have the research done but when I do I will update this post, expect it by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after I validate that they are not spam or rude. Rudeness will be deleted. Name calling is rude, disagreement is not rude it is encouraged. But I will not stand for comments such as "your an idiot" or worse. If you have evidence that I or another comment was wrong I will not ever block that unless it is presented in a rude way. If this blog ever get's traction it will be because it is a place where ideas are rationally discussed.